Saturday, 14 July 2012


Click for Full Image Size I don't think I need any formal introductions for the man whose photograph
 appears here. I know that I have some 'romanticism' with him but that is not the reason why he is here today. He is always on my mind, anyway. The great professor, Wole Soyinka celebrated his birthday yesterday and honestly, I don't know what to wish him... Olu Jacobs and Rita Dominic also celebrated their birthdays recently and to all of them, its happy new year... Kate Henshaw's birthday is also coming up in a few days and I can only wait and see; her 40th birthday which she celebrated last year was unparalleled! But I doubt she will be interested in that kind of partying this year, seeing as something as unexpected as a divorce (at least for me, the divorce was unforeseen) has come in. But Kate, what is important is that you get up once again because really, there are so many things to live for; Ella needs you so much right now... Divorce or no divorce, I'm of the opinion that you are an actor with so much grace and you have demonstrated dignity in all the movies you have starred in..."SHOW ME HEAVEN" was a cool way to start me off, I fell in love with the character you were playing and... you are just nice. I hope you wouldn't mind mentoring other up and coming actresses...

Wole is ageless... just look at him closely! The grey hair and long beards will not fool me! One of my friends (Mwajuma) says that he is as handsome as literature itself and I totally agree... is there anything that can parallel literature in its beauty and splendor? I like reading his books because I discover something new each time I read them. I almost fought with DEATH AND THE KING'S HORSEMAN before I finally understood it. All his other books ask me to take a break after reading two pages... Wole is doing his best and his complexity is unparalleled.

Olu Jacobs... a good father character, a good king... but woe unto you if you meet him in the very first movie and he is playing the role of a sugar daddy! Rita Dominic... A Better Place... that is where I first saw her playing the role of 'Blossom' a young woman entangled by the darkness of her past love... is there hope for KC? It's a nice one as well although I haven't seen it for sometime... maybe I should place an order straight to Liberty productions....

Oh Lord, I will write for the whole night. And please, I have not started another label for West Africa like Nancie had suggested... This post is uncategorised...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Keep them relevant.