Sunday 22 January 2012

DO NOT FEAR...

Years back in high school, a friend gave me a piece of paper. It had a story written on it and although I cannot remember it word by word, I can remember it was about a daughter and her father. As the girl was driving, a very strong storm came upon the land and all the cars in the road started shaking. Most of the other motorists started pulling their cars to the side to let the storm pass. The girl wanted to pull aside too but her father refused and asked her to drive on. She complained as would any young person but because she had been brought up to respect her elders, she listened to her father and she continued driving.
Twenty minutes later, they got to clear land and the storm was behind them. The girl looked back and then at her father and told him that others were still caught up in the storm and the storm was getting worse now. Her father told her that, those who were still there were now stuck because they chose to remain in the storm. The father went further to tell his daughter that, whatever the situation in life, keep moving, struggle with whatever you have but refuse to be held back by circumstances because when you keep fighting, you eventually get a way out.
That story has been living with me since then. Sheila gave it to me when I was only 15 and in form three but it has lived with me ever since. Any time I get stuck somewhere, I struggle to move because I know eventually, there is a way ahead.

 Today, I know so may stories like those but there are these two poems I love more.

NO EASY WALK, MY SON  by Everest Stand
My son,
Stop gazing at me,
And walk straight ahead;

I know there is no road ahead
But open your eyes
And walk through that fog of reality

Keep running my son,
Keep running into the unknown,
You may stumble upon your fortune of happiness

Ignore the mutilated bodies my son,
Ignore the easy pleasures
That appear and disappear
Like bubbles in a stormy sea


Open your ears wide
And hear the message
Of the whispering voices
Open your eyes and avoid the ditches son,
Being alive is no easy task.

I love that poem so much. The other poem is actually a song

THE PROMISE by the Martins

I never said that I will give you silver and gold,
Or you will never have to feel the fire or shiver of the cold,
But I did say you'd never walk through this world alone
And I did say don't make this world your home.

I never said that fear wouldn't find you by night
Or that loneliness was something you'd never have to fight
But I did say I'd be right there by your side
And I did say I will always help you fight.

'Cause you know I made a promise that I intend to keep,
My grace will be sufficient in your time of need
My love will be the anchor that you can hold on to
This is the promise, this is the promise I made to you...

It is actually much longer than that but that is the message basically. We live for a greater cause, a cause that we cannot achieve on our own. Our only role is to follow instructions for HE is faithful that promised. Life is only beautiful when you live up to your rightful purpose fulfilling your roles, after all if you desire to create a legacy, which we all do, then you need to leave something in others. When you invest in others, you get the opportunity to create a legacy that will out live you... and remember you can only invest in others after investing in yourself. And in whatever the storm you go through in this life, remember you are a conqueror naturally; I mean by virtue of the covenant you have with GOD, you belong to the kingdom of GOD. And don't forget that the children of the kingdom of GOD like pretty flowers can not be trampled upon any longer in any spheres of life. Favoured people are meant to leave behind memories and they will be preserved for generations to come.

May the precious blood of Jesus protect you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Keep them relevant.