A letter to Sochima Ezeoke,
When I made up my mind to write a letter to Sochima on her birthday, I started by thinking about all the nice things I would say about her in the letter; and the more I thought, the more I realized that nice things is all I had to say about her Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sochima... You may take this for granted but the truth is that I think that your birthday should be a National Holiday. Yes, I know 1st October is the day your country, Nigeria, achieved independence but that is not what I mean when I say National Holiday. I mean that it should be marked everywhere on the calendar... perhaps is should be called 'Sochy Day' and then very many significant people will come together to celebrate THE LIFE AND TIMES OF Sochima Ezeoke...
Okay, for starters, Sochima Ezeoke is a Nollywood actress, the founder of www.asmedianig.com, and a mentor-- to mention but a few of the good things Sochima Ezeoke is doing for mother earth. I did an interview with her on this site a while ago. Look here: http://daisynandecheokoti.blogspot.com/2013/03/in-footsteps-of-genevieve-nnaji-enter_6.html for details of the films that she has starred in, the details of Arrivals and Sojourn Media which she founded, her current projects and all other
Sochima is a personal friend to me and I thought that I would give her a piece of my mind on this very special day of her life: Her birthday
Here are a few propositions for you ;
• Do not draw conclusions quickly and even when you do, leave room to revise your
• Since you are endowed with youthfulness, fly like and eagle and brook no limiting horizons
• Remember that one only fully possesses one's life if one makes it out as a gift for others. In fact this is the secret of immortality
• The greatest of all arts is the art of loving. It is a talent worth cultivating.
• There are many great and wonderful virtues, but the brightest of them all is courage.